Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Wonderful Day in History

Today marks the beginning of a new era in American history. For the first time ever, an African-American was elected and sworn in as the President of the United States of America.

I have faith that President Obama will do the best he can in making the US a better place. I stand behind him completely. I absolutely adore the Obama family. Michelle is so elegant and classy, she is bound to become a style icon for this century. And Malia and Sasha are adorable. They show poise and grace, while still radiating that infectious childlike-energy. thought they looked fabulous in their outfits today, and I especially liked Malia's coat.


Honestly, before November 4th, 2008, as much as I hoped and wished, I never truly believed that I would be able to see this day... or at least as soon as now. It's an incredible feeling, knowing that I am a part of history. And so are you : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't live in the United States I'm soooo happy that Obama became president!
By the way, the dresses are Versace.

Unknown said...

I was sooo happy, and teary eyed - I stayed off uni and watched coverage all day! I think the whole family were dressed perfectly and you're spot onwith what you said about Malia and Sasha!

About me said...

GOD, I can't believe I missed the inaugration x.x;
What did Michelle O wear?

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

- Audrey Hepburn